Every year one lucky winner of the Kinsmen Home Lottery is given keys to a brand new luxurious home. You could have the freedom of a newly built mortgage-free home and be awarded an additional cash prize. Those who don’t win the grand prize home can still enter to win plenty of other exciting prizes.
This is a fundraising event you don’t want to miss! Rated as one of the Top 3 Sports Celebrity Dinners in North America this event is sure to impress any sports fan. Sit back and enjoy drinks and delicious meal while being entertained by your favourite celebrity athletes. Hear never before told “behind the scenes stories” and learn interesting facts about the athletes you love.
Calling all car enthusiasts! Over the years KCOS has raffled off everything from luxury cars, to sports cars, to trucks, to classic cars. This is a great way to donate to Kinsmen Club and to try your luck at winning a new car. Want to buy tickets? We’ve got you covered.
This foundation was created in 2011 and operates as an endowment fund to help our ever-changing community. This allows charitable donations to be made towards the club providing an opportunity for Kinsmen Club of Saskatoon to build financial stability and longevity for future endeavours and initiatives.
Why Should I Support the Kinsmen
At Kinsmen Club of Saskatoon, we believe in being transparent about our projects so you can feel good about the difference your dollars make. You can rest assured that your contribution goes to events, programs, and initiatives to make our community a better place for everyone. The members of our club review every Request for Funding through the lens of creating a fair, inclusive and strong community.
In 2019 our club raised over $800,000.00 that went to disadvantaged youth, sports and culture, infrastructure, community safety, and specials needs individuals.
How Do I Support the Kinsmen
Kinsmen Club of Saskatoon is different because we encourage our supporters to get involved with one (or all) of our yearly fundraisers! This unique platform makes raising money for worthwhile causes fun. The fundraisers create an experience in the camaraderie of like-minded philanthropists. You get to experience not only the joy of giving to the community but also social rewards.
What about Telemiracle?
It is true, we have not listed Telemiracle as a KCOS fundraiser. Although the Kinsmen Club of Saskatoon started the foundation in 1971 and helped plan the first Telemiracle, it is a separate entity. Think of us “like family”, we encourage donations and volunteer our manpower every year to this beloved telethon. If you are interested in donating to the Telemiracle Foundation you can find the information on the Telemiracle website.
Examples of projects:
- $5,000 toward the Kinsmen Lacrosse League (our inner-city youth sports organization)
- $7,500 to Hope Cancer Help Centre to support impoverished people with cancer
- $30,000 to Saskatoon Search and Rescue toward a new rescue truck
- $13,000 to social events for residents at Elmwood Residences, a special-needs care facility
- $10,000 for Christmas hampers for low-income families
- $10,000 to the Kinsmen Track & Field Program
- $5,000 to the Saskatchewan Association for the Rehabilitation of the Brain Injured
- $5,000 to scholarships for the Saskatoon Hilltops junior football program
- $10,000 to a school playground
- $7,500 to Broadway Theatre Winterruption Outdoor festival
- $2,000 to Saskatoon Opera in Schools
- $7,500 to YWCA Women of Distinction Awards
- $4,000 toward athletic scholarships
- $15,000 to Saskatoon Food Bank, Milk for Children program
- $5,000 to Abilities in Motion program (program for kids with Downs Syndrome)
- $5,000 to Pride Saskatoon’s OUT Home to support young transgendered persons
Our goal is to continue to “Serve the Community’s Greatest Needs” for years to come.Kinsmen Club of Saskatoon