Who is Eligible to Apply
- Non-profit organizations, charities and other community groups
- Community programs, initiatives and events
Examples of Past Funding
- Community Infrastructure Programs
- Programs for underprivileged youth
- Programs supporting persons or families going through difficult times
- Arts, culture, or sports programs
- Care homes with special needs patients
- Summer camps or day camps for youth with special needs
- Revitalizing Saskatoon Parks & Facilities
- Events that celebrate our community
The Application Process
The application process is easy. If you are from Saskatoon and have a program, event or initiative that needs volunteers or funding then you may be eligible.
- Ensure you meet the criteria for funding listed above
- Fill out the electronic Request Funding Application. (We walk you through the steps)
- Requests should be made two months prior to the funds being required to allow for the approval process
- Prepare financial reports as they may be required
- If you plan on doing a presentation, prepare your video materials (PowerPoint, videos, images, charts)
The club is not in session during July or August. Your applications must be in prior to those months.
What Happens Next
- A Kinsmen member will be assigned to investigate your request
- Our committee will review your application within two weeks of submission
- You will be given an option to provide a presentation to our club (presentation materials must be sent three days prior to the presentation)
- You may be asked to share a budget and/or recent financial reports
- If your Funding Request is approved, the assigned Kinsmen will contact you to deliver the cheque, provide club feedback, and arrange any agreed-upon recognition
Kinsmen Club Does Not Fund
- Medical Equipment, prescriptions or health-related procedures. Please see the Telemiracle Foundation for any medical-related requests.
- Trips for sports or cultural groups
- Salaries for employees of organizations
We look forward to your Funding Requests and to working with you to make the community of Saskatoon a better place!